SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tuezday1

What we have to look forward to, YUCK

tuezday1
18 years ago

I found this link on the computer forum. Our worst fears are about to come true.

Outside of flagging individual posts, for $35 a year, they aren't offering anything we can't already do. So, does this mean we are now cut off from using our free web-based shortcuts? Can they really stop IE and Firefox from automatically updating favorites (IE does it too, doesn't it?), so the newest content is automatically displayed? Rather than having to subscribe to digest type emails. Will Google's spell check no longer work? Can we no longer link via flickr, photobucket etc? Can those people who can remember the script, no longer write their own html code?

The dumbing down of the internet.

Tell me that somewhere, some one, some people, aliens, crack heads, infidel's, terrorists, hari krishna, my dog, your dog, a canbyberra (that's not spelled right), a flippen squirrel even, anyone, more computer savvy than me, is creating a "new internet" for those of us not interested in an internet that looks more and more like TV every day.

The thought of all the internet/computer newbies let loose on this website with the bells and whistles to format text, add inane signature lines, link whirligigs,100's of pics of the grandkids. OMG, how bloody scary can things get?

Here is a link that might be useful: progress??????

Comments (22)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor