SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brennandm_gw

My lawn sucks!!

brennandm
14 years ago

Hi all!

Let me begin by saying, I have no experience with gardening, or lawn care - and it shows! All my neighbors have nice, full, green, weedless lawns, and mine looks awful.

First off, I have what I think is "fairy ring fungus" in my front lawn. There are two semi circles about 4 feet across where the grass is dying and there are lots of little mushrooms. I've read that you can dig it up and re-sod, or poke 10 inch holes in the ground throughout it and soak it in soapy water every day. Anyone have any other suggestions that worked for them?

Next off, there are several big patches of clover. Will a general weed killer get rid of this?

And finally, there are all these small patches where the grass is thicker, greener, and taller than anywhere else. I have a feeling that it's from my girlfriend's dog peeing, and it's fertilizing those places. Then there are a couple of those patches that look dead in the middle, so maybe he peed there too much and burnt the grass. Is this possible? Do I have to go Old Yeller on him and take him behind the shed? JUST KIDDING!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments (2)