SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott_nadeau_gw

Seed selection - reseeding burnt lawn

scott_nadeau
16 years ago

Hi all,

You helped my diagnose my lawn as fried from overfertilizing this weekend, and now I'm looking for advice on what to put down for new seed. I would like a Cadillac if I can afford it and I can maintain it with my busy schedule.

Here are my specifics:

16,000 sq feet

All sun

2-3 inches of top soil over very powdery sand

Current lawn is a mix of Crab, KBG, Creeping Red Fescue and Perr Rye

Dry well - I can't water much, but I do what I can

Heavy traffic from dogs, kids and snowmobiles(in the winter)

My plan is to heavily de-thatch with my tine dethatcher and sweep up the mess with my sweeper. Then I'm having 40 yards of loom delivered. I'll rough-spread the loom with the front blade of an excavator and then smooth out by hand with a landscape rake. I will put down lime and starter fertilizer before seed, and then put down a thin coat of peatmoss over the seed.

My local Blue Seal dealer is recommending their mix called EZ-Green. I cannot find the specific mix after googling it a few different ways. From what he told me, it contains 10% New Blue and a mix of Fescue. I would like to get the work done as fast as possible because I don't have to go back to work until Tuesday - then my schedule will be tight. Any thoughts on this EZ-Green?

Thank you for your help - I can figure out how to post pictures if that would help at all...

Thanks again,

Scott

Comments (19)