SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daved314

Lawn Weed & Feed... Did it myself, to... LEARN of course...

daved314
9 years ago

Hello,

After trying Scott's Weed & Feed Turfbuilder for the first time this year, I'm wondering what I could have done better.

I tried my best to apply the correct amount of product and overlap per the Scott's product and Scott's drop spreader instructions. The product was applied approximately the beginning of June.

I'm starting to notice very distinct "lines" in the lawn where color is different (see attached). Some lines are more pronounced than others but the attached photo gets the idea across.

I'm wondering what might have caused this...

Improper overlap? Too much product? Too little product? Product itself? Poor timing for first application of the season? Improper watering?

I admit to not investigating the timing at all. When I had the chance I dropped the product down since there were weeds and I had planned on doing it much earlier.

Secondly, is there anything I can do to rectify or at least "hide" this? Would it be a good idea to call out a professional service and just start from scratch? How long will it take for the "lines" to disappear? Will a high/low mow, frequent/non-frequent water/mow or over/under watering help?

I'll try to get a few better photos this weekend... Some spots in the back yard are a bit comical looking.

Thanks all!

Dave

Comments (4)