SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julie717_gw

Can I kill crabgrass but not clover?

Julie717
12 years ago

Hello--I have a bermudagrass lawn that's infested with crabgrass. The problem is that I also have a lot of clover that I actually like. It is the regular type of lawn clover (not red clover like you see in pastures), but it has these dark raspberry-pink flowers that are really pretty. Otherwise I could just reseed the clover after getting rid of the crabgrass, but I don't know where to find this pink clover seed. This is at a new (old) house, and I haven't done anything to the lawn yet except mow it.

I usually avoid herbicides/pesticides and haven't bought any in years, but I was thinking of using a product called Green Light Crabgrass preventer to help get the crabgrass under control, and then switch back to organics. It is also supposed to kill the crabgrass in the early stages. Does anyone here know if the Green Light product will kill the clover? I have looked online for the information, but I can't find the full label info for it. Also, does the green light stuff actually work on crabgrass?

I used to use corn gluten meal, I'm not sure where to buy it here, but I'm going to try to find some. My old lawn didn't have clover, and I am also wondering if CGM will get rid of it over time? Thanks everybody.

Comments (5)