SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mbf62966

Best way to get rid of dead crabgrass remains after killing?

Byron Followell
8 years ago

OK guys, I really appreciate all the help I've received from everyone on here this season. We're back up into the 90s every day here in southern Indiana. I have my Tenacity, and I'm anxious to spray my crop of Yellow Nutsedge and Crabgrass. Hopefully, temperatures will be down low enough that I can use the Tenacity by mid-September.

I have a question concerning the weed remains. I know the Tenacity will kill the nutsedge and crabgrass over a couple of weeks, but it's not like these thick clumps of crabgrass are just going to immediately deteriorate or vanish. I don't know how long it will take for the remains to completely rot away but I'm guessing a while. I want to overseed in late September or early October. Is there any better way to take care of this stuff other than to run around my yard, pulling them up with my Hound Dog weeder? I want to get rid of this stuff so that it'll be out of the way and won't interfere with my new grass coming in after I go over the lawn with a power seeder.

Advice or opinions?

As always, thanks!

- Byron

Comments (10)