SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tifway_crazy

Where to go now with my SAD 419?

tifway_crazy
14 years ago

Well, it was a VERY long and dry summer on my already thinning 419 bermuda grass/blackland lawn. I think we ended up 4-5 months with no significant rainfall. I really tried to water as much as I could but I never seemed to be able to catch up. Once the drought really set in so did the "parasitic" weeds. I had never seen some of the varieties that I had growing. So, I tried to kill the weeds (2,4-D... mixed conservatively). Grass did not take to that well at all. Anyway, large portions of my grass are now caput. At least they were when it went dormant.

I have put out a Baylan pre-em for the crabgrass and have done nothing else.

It was not growing well to begin with due to sun/shade issues and everything else. Pretty for 1 1/2 years and really started to thin-out towards the end of the second summer/fall. I do have areas that get FULL sun and I do have areas that are shaded for some of the day. Not sure if I can fix this grass or if I should even try. I do know that I want a lawn. It covers about 7,000 sq ft. I would love to hear some opinions and recommendations on how to fix/replace, etc. Thank you for your time.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!