Guns and a sad sad death :o) in my area
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (19)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
What a sad, sad day, (part 3)
Comments (134)Thank you oakley...you said it better than I . I am a believer in people . I have had two brothers commit suicide and a son that has struggled with mental illness for decades. Deciding to write a person off because they have performed in a way that is abhorrent to the rest of us is a knee jerk reaction. It has taken me decades to realize that someone else's pain can be and likely is greater than mine. I will never know what moves them to the actions they commit . My DH and I get up every single day and say thank you for the life we have. I would hope that others would do the same. Energy spent reviling those that are "different" is wasted. Take care of the circle of light that surrounds you that is ALL that any of us can do. If we each do this the circles will grow to include all. c...See MoreCan I share my sadness?
Comments (47)LITH and all others too~~ Thanks for thinking of me....it seems like an eternity since my beloved was taken home, but I am doing as well as can be expected, I guess~~ There is always something I want to tell him, and look at his empty chairs and wish I could talk to him one more time...but then there would never be enough time~~ As for the house....I was told yesterday that I have a "low ball" offer coming in.....$255,000 on it listed at an already lowered $299,900...I am hoping they will counter, but the realtor thought they were pretty set in their price. This afternoon, I am showing it to a husband and wife doctor team who are coming here....and I live only 1 1/2 blocks from their offices/hospital....so I am anxious to see if anything becomes of that. They wanted out by the big lake, but they have to live so they can be at the hospital in 20 minutes and I don't think they can get here that fast from the lake......oh who knows, but on the brighter side~~~~~ I was talking to one of the guys who live in a 4 plex, just south of my lot on the lake, and he said that he didn't know when it would happen, but the south unit of the 4 plex was coming up for sale. It is not as large as the middle units, but still a 2/2 and looks out on "my" lake~~~~ I called about it and she was driving, so I need to call her again this afternoon. The HOA fees there are $224.00 a mo., but they include the taxes, insurance, lawn care, snow removal and the dues. I could probably build a duplex for not too much more than that unit would cost, but heck, it is already built and I would not have the hassle of moving twice and the headaches of building by myself~~ I have not seen the inside yet, and if he was a smoker, it is out...I have a terrible allergy to smoke. Thanks again for your good thoughts....keep them coming...I read these posts regularly to keep up with you fine people who post on this forum....See MoreMy little dog died 9 days ago. I feel guilty and very sad.
Comments (14)Hello everybody, Unfortunately, I am having a relapse triggered by a family fight I had today. As I mentioned in my first post, my relationship with my mom is not good and she is very disrispectful with my stuff and has thrown away very special things to me. Things that I really treasured. Today, I picked up a carped that my mom had removed almost a year ago. She wanted to throw it away, but the carpet was in good condition and I liked it, so I took it to a place to have it washed and storaged. Today I finally got it back home and put it behind a wall in my living room. It was well hidden and it wasn't taking too much room. My mom saw it and started acting like crazy and told me she was going to throw it away tomorrow. I got angry and she started telling me that I had my stuff all over the house, which is not true, and then mentioned that the fact I put my little dog's stuff, like his plate and little bones in the laundry room was a problem for her to. This made me get very angry and I went down the stairs because I wanted to make sure my dog's stuff were safe. suddenly, my uncle, who was at home for a visit, stood up and got between me and my mother because according to him he thought I was going to hit my mom, which is a terrible lie. He dared me to fight and I told him I was not going to accept his attitude in my house. Then he asked me to go outside and I said: OK. Let's go. Next, my brother showed up and my mom to avoid the fight. Then my brother told me he didn't want to fight because he was much heavier than me and that it was going to be easy for him. I said: Come on, let0's do it. And he refused it and said he loved me. Ever since my parents divorced he has interfered in many of my family's issues that are not concer of his and sometimes he has tried to act like the man of the house. Today was the last straw and made me lose my mind. He has brainwashed my mom several times, my mom almost always does what he tells her to do and of course, he usually takes my moms side. All this conflict made me have a psychiological crisis and miss my little dog a lot since I feel very alone again and I have no friend and partner at home to rely on. I really didn't need this since I was starting to feel better about the loss of my beautiful Guyton, to heal, to rearrange my life without suffering too much and feel more peace. On top of that, my Psychiatrist took the liberty to show my mom and my brother my diagnosis file after a visit my mom and my brother made to his office, which was a terrible violation to my privacy and to the confidentiality respect Mental professionals have to have. It's the most basic and important rule. Now, my mom is using this as a weapon and threatening me to send me to a mental hospital because my Psychiatrist also told her and my brother she could do that. It is just unbelievable. He betrayed me and put me in a very difficult position. Specially now that I am trying to overcome the death of my little dog and my mind is unstable. It just looks he also took my brother's and mom's side and they are their patiens not me. Now I am missing Guyton a lot again and their loss became bigger again too. I am lost and sad again. I really hope you can reply to me. Thank you very much in advance for your help and kindness...See MoreO/T So shocked and sad, sad
Comments (55)My sympathies for this heartbreaking turn, Nik, and I am glad you are seeking another love. Sissy was beautiful, as is Lara -- I think gold-colored dogs are especially beautiful. Funny about the "wrong color". My late uncle, Bob Zimmerman, among the last of the true cowboys, was renowned for his line of "yellow" McNabs. McNabs are a local (originating at the McNab Ranch) lineage of Scotch collies that are usually black and white, but he got a gold-colored one in one batch of pups ("Gyp"), who went on to father offspring where the occasional pup was that color, too (recessive mutation, I suppose). Gyp was an exceptionally good herder, who won sheepdog trials at the county fair, as were many of his yellow offspring, so rather than being shunned, the yellow pups were highly desired by local ranchers. They seemed to consider them a sure bet for a good dog, as well as being of that relatively rare and novel color that lent prestige. But, as Camps points out, not so practical, considering that most of lower-elevation California is the same color as these dogs in the summer and fall -- Gyp, son Teddy, and grandson Rowdy (the ones I knew best) were hardly visible at a distance, at all, on the range....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGGot a Disastrously Messy Area? Try Triage
Get your priorities straight when it comes to housekeeping by applying an emergency response system
Full Story
BEDROOMSRoom of the Day: Once a Dining Area, Now a Glam Bedroom
Athena now guards the fur-draped bed, leopard-print footstools and copious collections in this eclectic Manhattan sleeping space
Full Story
HEALTHY HOMEHow to Childproof Your Home: Expert Advice
Safety strategies, Part 1: Get the lowdown from the pros on which areas of the home need locks, lids, gates and more
Full Story
CLOSETSHouzz Call: Is Your Closet a Storage Powerhouse?
We want to see how you are making the most of your closet storage areas. Post pictures and tell us how you’ve organized them
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGWhen You Need Real Housekeeping Help
Which is scarier, Lifetime's 'Devious Maids' show or that area behind the toilet? If the toilet wins, you'll need these tips
Full Story
TRADITIONAL HOMESHouzz Tour: Connecticut Farm Restored for Generations to Come
A man renovates his extended family’s stately farmhouse and land. Sustainable practices are used in gardens, wetlands and recreation areas
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTo-Dos: Your April Home Checklist
Take advantage of spring’s warmer weather to spruce up your outdoor spaces and refresh your entryway and common living areas
Full Story
HOME OFFICESThe 20 Most Popular Home Office Photos of 2015
Technology paves the way for space-saving work areas, while designers make up for small sizes with style
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING20 Things You Might Be Forgetting to Spring-Clean
Clean these often-neglected areas and your house will look and feel better
Full Story
SAVING WATER11 Ways to Save Water at Home
Whether you live in a drought-stricken area or just want to help preserve a precious resource, here are things you can do to use less water
Full Story
Sue_va