SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
preciouspearl

Honed imperial danby marble

Gerry Kruse
9 years ago
We just had honed Imperial Danby marble installed in our kitchen, laundry room, and three baths. I noticed when I googled caring for honed Imperial Danby marble that your name came up and that you love it. I am concerned about caring for it. I have tested a sample piece by putting liquid make up on it, oxi clean spray, catsup, mustard, and etc. on it. I used barkeepers friend to remove the make up stain that remained. I noticed after I wiped them all up that it looks like I had removed the sealer from the marble. You could only see it if your tip your head a certain way and let the light shine over the marble. I know that they tell you not to use bleach, Vinegar, or ammonia on it. What suggestions do you have as to what to use to clean it up and what would remove the sealer other than those three that I mentioned? Is it wrong to use barkeepers friend? I was so excited when I saw that you love yours and would love to feel the same way about mine also! Please give me as much advice as you can. Thank you so much! Gerry Kruse

Comments (17)