SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lissa711_gw

Backsplash Feedback Needed

lissa711
16 years ago

I've just placed my cabinet order for my kitchen and am now moving on to obsessing over my backsplash. You all seem to have some great ideas and thoughts on other peoples backsplashes so I thought I'd give this a go.

I've posted a picture of my 'inspiration' kitchen which is a Christopher Peacock ad that I'm sure you've all seen. I like the very classic and refined look of it but don't want to do the white subway tile as my backsplash.

I've also posted a picture of my kitchen plan where I tried to draw in what I want to do.

The cabinets are painted ivory with a brown glaze (inset doors, simple raised door front and inset drawer)and the island is a dark brown with a black glaze.

The perimeter counters will be honed AB granite, eased edge and the island will be honed Imperial Danby (white marble with some gray and gold veining, ogee edge.

I love the look of the photo I posted with the curved granite backsplash next to the window and would like to do that on my sink wall, also next to a window and below a cabinet with brackets.

I don't want to do this for the range wall and that is where I am concerned that it will look to disjointed. I want to do the range wall in a white honed marble (calacatta, looks similar to the Danby on the island) mini brick and then in a niche in back of the range do the same honed marble but in 3/4x3/4 squares. The niche would have a surround of a marble chair rail.

I would like to know what your opinions are of doing these two looks together. My thinking is that the marble will be very subtle and almost not make a statement so wouldn't compete with the AB backsplash on the sink wall. I would also like to hear what you think about doing the arched niche vs. rectangular - not sure which shape would be best.

Thanks...Melissa

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor