SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowjo1_gw

mock up backsplash feedback needed

lowjo1
15 years ago

Finally decided on my field tile. It's a neutral tumbled marble. The field tile will be layed in a simple straight pattern. Now I'm working on the area behind the cooktop. The field tile for that area will be layed at a diagonal.

Here's a photo of the field tile with a 1x1 glass tile and the 5/8" square grayish taupe tile. The other insert I'm considering is the same tile as the 1x1, but in a 2x2.

The glass inserts and the glass framing tile in a 5/8 x 8" I'm considering are in the Sonoma line- Tantrum (marked on this sheet)

For the framing of the cooktop area I've mocked up the 5/8" square gray/taupe tile in a pattern framing the area. Inside that is the 5/8 x 8" glass tile framing. (Please ignore the color of the mock up. The colors are pretty accurate in the picture of the field tile and inserts above.) This is just to help see the pattern overall. The larger whitish squares are the 2x2 glass tile, the smaller white squares are the same color tile in 1x1. The single small taupish square is the same 5/8" square in the framing and it is also used as an insert in a 4x4 pattern. The glass tiles and inner framing are all the same color.

Here are more pictures just to see it at different angles.

Here is a pic of the other wall in the kitchen.

So, my concern, as you may have guessed, is whether the pattern of inserts, and the overall design of the cooktop area, is too busy/complicated.

Please be honest! I appreciate any feedback!

Comments (8)