SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becktheeng

Backsplash Help...small SS backsplash??? Pics?

becktheeng
14 years ago

Ok, so I need some backsplash/counter into the window/window casing help. Here are two things I'm considering:

1. Have a Soapstone Backsplash 3" high all the way around the counter. See mock-up of casing/SS backsplash with Grazia Reef (blue) crackle tile (mine will be subway 2-1/2 x5, the photo shows a 5x5.

2. Have the subway tile as the backsplash and have it two tiles high into the window area (picture shows a 5x5).

Picture of window wall...sink will be to the right.

Picture of Hood wall ...perpendicular to the window wall.

What would you do? Both the soapstone supplier and the person doing the mosaic behind my cooktop recommended a soapstone backsplash..the smallest I can do is 3". I am a messy cook, and know that I will splash water around the sink and generally just make a mess, therefore, I want some protection for the window casing (mdf) so that I minimize damage to the casing.

Which should I do, the 3" SS backspash with no tile around the windows (tile would dead end into the window casing on the left). Or...do tile (thinking two rows) in the window/sink area with no SS backsplash. One thing to note, if I do just tile, the profile of the casing will be about 1/2" deeper than the tile, so the casing will not nicely dead end into the tile, but it would into SS.

Hope I've explained well enough...Thanks for your help.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz