SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dingoaint

Marble color advice please

Fori
14 years ago

I can't decide on (many many things including but not limited to) marble. And I'm not even at the specifics yet--I'm having trouble with white or green. Here is the approximate floorplan for the uninitiated:

The cabinets are white, the main countertops are stainless steel, and the area labeled #3 in the lower diagram is the counter material in question. It's a lower height baking area and we're considering white (Carrara, Calacatta, etc.) or dark green serpentine (Verde Guatemala type). A chunk will also go as a full backsplash on the stove wall and stubby 'splash on the sink wall (but the baking counter spills into the window and doesn't have a backsplash at all).

The floor, pending spousal not-hating-it is dark slightly mottled grey (yes, I am chickening out on the crazy floor choices) and the walls a nice light pistachio green. Or similar.

So, is it OK to have white on white on a small bit of odd-height counter? Or will it look like a big white box? Do I need the contrast of the green? And would the dark green be too dark for all that backsplash (all 83 inches of it!)? Or do I need to go look at less intense serpentines? Or non-white marbles?

Any advice is, as always, appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm