SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
americancolleen

Imperial Danby/Eureka Danby/New Light Emperador

americancolleen
14 years ago

Hello!

I have a slab each of these stones on hold at Marble and Granite in Westwood, MA and all but the Eureka is polished. I wondered does anyone have any of these stones which for me will be on a 8' X 3' farmtable/island?

I went into this thinking I would go for the honed on whatever marble I chose but the Imperial Danby polished is so beautiful polished that I cannot imagine it honed (at additional expense, too).

I had heard that Danby wears a bit better (stains/etching) than Calacatta or Carrera and I wondered if this is true? The New Emperador Light is lovely but it is my 'fallback' stone if the Imperial Danby or Eureka is just out of my price range. I hope someone here has experience with it as I may end up choosing it.

May I take this time to say that Marble in Granite in Westwood, Ma is a great place with wonderfully helpful people. I worked with Jim and he couldnt have been more patient and knowledgeable. He took me all through the warehouse and showed me all the marble they have in stock - quite impressive! I recommend them for anyone in this area who is looking for marble or granite - very extensive collection. Not a lot of soapstone though.

Comments (22)