What's for Dinner #420 Spring/Summer 2025
last year
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (104)
- last year
- last year
Related Discussions
What’s for Dinner 406 Summer 2023
Comments (103)Wow, 4 years. Such a cute age. And a cute cake. We have 5 under 5 with another on the way via 3 nephews. I meant 'passive' haha. Meaning, "you do your thing vegetables. I have no time to babysit." Next day it had a lasagna vibe with the top layer of the pasta. I usually make a harvest lasagna every early Fall...right around the corner. Another pic of the shrimp salad lettuce cups fell from the clouds, A couple weeks ago i sous vide four small sirloins. An easy taco pulling two out of the freezer and thawing with a dry brine, then a cast iron sear. Tossed in kimchi. Next day made a sirloin Banh mi for DH. I had a sirloin salad bowl. Side bean/corn salad About to hit the end of the Summer thread...bummer....See MoreWhat's for Dinner #410 Spring 2024
Comments (101)Neely, I'd be a little sad about selling your vacation home too, those are usually just associated with vacations and family events and mostly good things. Life changes, though, so I hope whatever happens works out well for you and your family. I don't know what is happening there with you but here real estate is selling like crazy in spite of the interest rate increases and the big price hikes, I'm not sure why. I'd need some rice for that nice saucy korma, though! Sleevendog, I need to stock up on flours and things too, I"ve been diligently working to use up or discard old/outdated items or those that have just deteriorated in quality enough that they need replacement. But it's gardening time, and I'm busy babying my little plants, fertilizing asparagus, pruning grapevines and spraying fruit trees for fungus with our weird weather. Anyway, Elery likes Mexican food a lot and we are surrounded by farms and orchards, so a lot of Hispanic workers come seasonally and many more stay year round. Authentic (and cheap) grocery stores are plentiful, although there are just as many that are neither cheap nor authentic, so those have to be weeded out, usually by a bad experience! Lobster rolls sound good, but I'm driving our neighbor to a nearby town as her car is out of service. She says she'll take me to dinner, there's a local pizza joint that is known for their breadsticks and she loves them. So, it'll probably be soup and breadsticks. Annie...See MoreWhat's for Dinner #418 2025
Comments (101)Oh man, this went fast, and so much good food. It's been busy here, normal springtime stuff like planting and fixing winter fence damage. Still, we've been eating. Salad with leftover chicken, although I don't remember when we had the chicken, LOL. Steak, roasted potato and cole slaw which I canned. I was pleasantly surprised, the cabbage stayed crunchy and it wasn't too sweet, so I planted extra cabbage so I can make some more this summer and can it. Burgers and kale salad: Sheet pan black bean tacos with the rest of the kale salad: Posole from the crockpot after fixing fence: A meat "pie" from Mediterranean Island, which I found in the freezer: Cheese and tomato quiche with a tossed salad and pickled beets: Amanda, Dave and Bud came for dinner last Sunday, and I didn't take pictures, of course. I did make brownies for dessert, though, and some of the flourless peanut butter cookies. OK, I'm nearly caught up, although we did have supper and the pictures are still not on the computer! Annie...See MoreWhat's for Dinner #421, Summer 2025
Comments (100)Yikes. Nothing worse than waking up and realizing "here it comes", knowing the next 5-7 days will be miseable while it goes its course. And sometimes longer will secondary issues. Nice to be on the mend. Usually early Spring here can be miserable with cool temps in the 40-50ºF rainy and damp. Freezing snowy weather is dry and not so bad. I was planning to use a chowder base, SummerTonic, a fish corn chowder-ish. Did a 180 and made something up making a fish stock with one of the smaller heads and a collar. (butter, white wine, leek, celery, shallot) Fish stock is a quick 30-45min. Broth was epic with the miso-ginger-lemon-wakame-hijiki Tonic. Poached two of the larger collars in the broth 8-10 min and into our bowls under the noodles. (collars are full of tender meat) Shared at the table between us... Larger head and two collars food savered for the freezer. A pint of cubed fish, (tuna, salmon, halibut) and two collars. Future chowders. Seasoned glass noodle was an excellent choice....See More- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
- last year
- last year
- last yearlast modified: last year
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNA Cook’s 6 Tips for Buying Kitchen Appliances
An avid home chef answers tricky questions about choosing the right oven, stovetop, vent hood and more
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDecluttering Guru: What to Do With 8 Harder-to-Donate Items
These items need not end up in the trash. Here’s where to take or sell your unwanted stuff
Full Story
THE POLITE HOUSEThe Polite House: Can I Put a Remodel Project on Our Wedding Registry?
Find out how to ask guests for less traditional wedding gifts
Full Story
SAVING WATER11 Ways to Save Water at Home
Whether you live in a drought-stricken area or just want to help preserve a precious resource, here are things you can do to use less water
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEWhere to Stash the Stand Mixer in Your Kitchen
Stand mixers aren’t huge, but they’re heavy. See storage ideas for keeping them accessible and easy to use
Full Story
LIFE6 Ways to Make the Most of This Weekend
Prepare for rain (or fire), get cozy indoors and out, and get your TV room ready for the first game of the World Series
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNStandouts From the 2014 Kitchen & Bath Industry Show
Check out the latest and greatest in sinks, ovens, countertop materials and more
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGN14 Bathroom Design Ideas Expected to Be Big in 2015
Award-winning designers reveal the bathroom features they believe will emerge or stay strong in the years ahead
Full Story
LATEST NEWS FOR PROFESSIONALS8 Design Trends Emerging in 2026
Houzz search data shows homeowners are drawn to tactile textures, nostalgic spaces and other trends on the rise now
Full StorySponsored
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations






























































































floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK