SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grey_ghost1

Kitchen Designer Looking for Ideas on Challenging Space

grey_ghost1
21 days ago
last modified: 21 days ago

Looking for any suggestions on how to lay out additional cabinetry in this long kitchen/dining space in 30 year old bungalow. I would like to keep dining table centered with large picture window (if possible!) A new table will be purchased but I did sketch a more compact dining table as I want to ensure there is enough space around it. Home owner gave me a list of wishes, including a section of countertop that is slightly lowered for baking, pantry space, and perhaps accenting custom cabinetry to replace a dated buffet/hutch.

(I am playing around with cabinets to go on the long, straight wall so please ignore what is sketched there as this is where I am finding the challenge, this whole section is open to be adjusted, modified, redesigned.)

I think I am finding the space not quite wide enough, I really dislike walkways that are too tight. The long, straight wall is load bearing and staying in place. As are windows and doors. I could reposition/move the closet (in that nook at top right, it is beside the front door-that is cut off at very top right.) On the far right of this is all living room space.

I considered banquette seating in the corner, as an option. Also considered moving the closet to the large open space that shows a dimension of 95 3/4", so that jog wouldn't be there near the dining table. All blue squares denote 1 foot.

Open to ideas and suggestions here!

Comments (5)