SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joker514

Small backyard bisected by raised patio

joker514
16 days ago
last modified: 16 days ago

I have a backyard that's about 20x20' between the home and the detached garage. There is a raised patio (single step above the grass) that runs the length of the house that is approximately 5' wide. I'm unsure what to do with the grassy area to maximize the space. Ideally, I'd love it if the whole space (the patio + grass area) was the same level to maximize the space, but I'm not sure if there is anyway to do it well and affordably. The only thing I've thought of is perhaps a floating deck. Would love any suggestions. The grass is approx 16'x13.5'.

Ideally, I want to have a seating area (like a couch), a fire table, dining space and a place for a grill - which is a lot - hence not wanting to lose any space due to that patio....

My neighbor, who has very similar backyard, opted for pavers so now her patio is kind of dead space.

Here is the backyard in sketchup. The top is the little sidewalk to the garage. The top right is the house with the main door and sliding glass door. Grass in the photo above goes from sidewalk to the bottom edge of the patio and then there is mulch running the whole bottom part and side of the house. Appreciate any help!

Comments (7)