SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

AGAIN update Paint?? finishing up need help with mirror and vanity

salonva
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

After so much debating, I decided to go with polished chrome faucets........ (vanity sink, shower head and slide bar and floor mount tub filler)... the vanity is light wood and has black hardware. Would you change the cabinet hardware or add something black?

I had originally though I'd change the hardware to chrome ( and I still might...) but then I thought I do like the black hardware on there. Visualize with a chrome faucet.... what would you do for the lights and mirror? I've thought about a black framed mirror and or black vanity lights but I can't decide.

What do you think? ( Here's the chrome faucet).

Comments (59)

• PRO
    Bath Knot Inc
    3 months ago

the round mirror size 36 inch

salonva thanked Bath Knot Inc
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Thank you- those are really helpful. I should mention that we have standard 8 ft ceilings. So I think the 36 is the highest I could go to still have vanity lights above and not looks silly.

A friend suggested round to break up all the straight lines I have and Im trying to decide- also on the finish. When I look for round mirrors, they are pretty straightforward and just the dimensions and not much in the way of frame which is ok, just different.

• Related Discussions

Need help picking out paint colors for Master bath update

Q

Comments (7)
    What's your budget for sprucing to sell? Rather than painting the cabinets, you could get new doors and veneer the frames - there are internet sources for the supplies that cost a lot less than the companies that sell that service, and it's not a difficult DIY project. Replacement framed shower doors can be gotten stock from HD pretty inexpensively. The tile being neutral is probably good for resale - I'd take that as the color pallette and make it look planned. What color is the counter top - looks like an ivory - that would work with beige neutrals, too. If you can change the cab doors and frame to a stained wood that blends and a beige/ivory neutral scheme, then you could use a couple of 'staging props' of green and have it looks like the planned 'spa naturals' trend. That would go well with the Green Tea MB, I think. I'd definitely change out the big mirrors - I still see them on Houzz from time to time, but to me they really look like the 80's without a frame. Cutting them down to allow you to frame them with picture moulding (stained to match cab's) on the sides and top is an inexpensive option, too, that could be made to look 'custom planned'. It's no harder to cut mirror than any other type of non-tempered glass, just remember to stop by a hobby shop first and pick up some fixative to spray on the mirrored back before cutting (this keeps the mirror finish from being damaged.) Decorative moulding to make the frames is also pretty inexpensive at HD and Lowes, and mitering for the corners is also pretty easy. Just a few ideas off the top - not exciting, I know...
    ...See More

Need help finishing off modernizing/lightening up Family Room

Q

Comments (24)
    Bestyears, I just had to log in to say first, your room is fabulous. I love the color you painted it and am jealous of your amazing sewing skills. I love the fabrics you have chosen. The second thing I wanted to say is to think long and hard before purchasing the braided jute rug from Ballard. I absolutely love the look. It has to be one of the best looking jute rugs out there, but it is a maintenance nightmare. It takes some getting used to underfoot but will eventually wear to a somewhat soft feel. The maintenance however, is tremendous. I had one for 2.5 years in our primary living area with heavy traffic and it was like have 15 large shedding dogs with a few cats sprinkled in. Fibers everywhere. If your room doesn't get much traffic it might work otherwise I would try to find something else first. I replaced it with a cheap seagrass from Lowes for the time being and it doesn't shed at all. Laurainlincoln might can share more if she has this rug. It might not wear for her like it did for me. Shannon
    ...See More

Squirrel, need a big favour - vanity area AGAIN

Q

Comments (7)
    Thought we tried those : / Don't base your decision on an artist rendering alone. These aren't to scale. Maybe your fixture is 24" ? I narrowed the mirror to the fixture width. I think another problem was the wide space between the mirrors. Try placing some paper mockups on the wall, in the size you prefer, with a dark frame painted or papered on too.
    ...See More

master bath lights and mirrors with tile- do I need to warm it up?

Q

Comments (10)
    To answer questions, I was able to add more pictures. Here is where the chandelier will hang. It is centered in the room. This is looking into the bath from center entry between closets on left and right. The room is roughly 20ft left to right, with shower and my vanity at opposite ends, and 12 ft from the entry to the back wall alcove where the tub will sit. The blue tape is stuck to the mount where the light will hang, and is 36" long just to see proportions. My husband standing under it is still a few feet from his head (he is 6'3"). Ceilings are all sots of height as you can tell but roughly 10-12' max. The chandelier above is L29w29xH32.5. Or they have a smaller one 25x25x28. Which size?? Oh and I don't have pic of the vanity as they are covered. But the suggested pics above of dark vanities is spot on color. My larger vanity is to the right here buried under the ladder etc.! Thanks for feedback!! LM
    ...See More
  • DLM2000-GW
    3 months ago

salonva I love your vanity choice and think it looks very crisp with the black hardware. You will lose that contrast with any silver toned hardware. That's a style preference. As it is now there's a bit of that classic tux thing going on IYKWIM and I find that very appealing. Down the road that is easily changed when you're bitten with the need for change! Your tile choice is a good backdrop for anything - may I suggest a mid-tone gray grout? I have long subway tile in my shower, bottom 2/3 in gray and the upper in white. Same grout for both and on the white tile it appears light gray and on the gray it appear white - our brains do funny thing with color! I would do polished chrome for the faucet - classic and practical. I'm not a fan of that particular faucet but that's a personal style choice and if you love it, use it. A black framed mirror, I would do horizontal rectangle. Do you have plans for the wall color? Keep looking for a light fixture - buy a cheapo from Amazon as a place holder if you need to but I think you can do better - that one looks very generic and for that price you deserve more. Also think about the glare from the bulbs - maybe consider a frosted shade but again that is a personal preference. Clear glass shades - to me - only look good for about a minute.

salonva thanked DLM2000-GW
  • Sueb20
    3 months ago

If you keep the black pulls, I would do a mirror with a black frame. Just a very simple frame.

I personally would want a more clean lined faucet with those pulls.

But I do like combining more than one finish so I think you could use both black (mirror, pulls) and chrome (faucet, lighting).

Maybe black and white towels?

salonva thanked Sueb20
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

I too love love your vanity, and IMHO it is the black hardware that makes it. I would repeat the black in your other hardware, my 2 cents. I also would choose a mirror with black framing. I know this shape is trendy but I still like it

So you are using a single 48" vanity, correct? IMHO, for balance, I'd prefer the cabinet to be flanked by sconces rather than OH lighting. That way the mirror + lights approximated the width of the vanity. I'd use something w a touch of black.

I think that pretty marble, the vanity and touches of black will be lovely!

salonva thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • eld6161
    3 months ago

I like your choices!

We did frameless recessed medicine cabinet.for me, the less choices the better.

I agree with Mtn, to do black hardware.

salonva thanked eld6161
  • DLM2000-GW
    3 months ago

^^^ totally agree with mtn about the sconces salonva - if you have not yet committed to a fixture above the mirror 'electrically', sconces could be beautiful. If you already have the wiring then a horizontal mirror still balances the vanity.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

The color tone of the floor, shower and vanity is warm, and they dominate the room. I don't see chrome working with that. I'm a bit concerned that your counter is a cool white, if you're using the one shown on the vanity. I'd change it if possible (big expense!), and then I'd go with the black or bronze for faucet.

If you use a round mirror, you'll need side sconces. You'd probably need ceiling lighting in or near the shower too. In a rectangular mirror, I like the 24" height. You'd want to go almost the full vanity length, unless you're using side sconces. If the room is small, a three- or four-light fixture over a rectangular mirror is enough light. Three may be enough with those bare bulbs.

There are a lot of examples of long, shorter mirrors on Houzz in transitional bathrooms.

Rancho Santa Fe Modern Hacienda · More Info

salonva thanked Eileen
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Yes I will have light by shower. I m open to sconces ...if you'd suggest mirror and sconces or lights that could work. I do think the black hardware on the vanity works and would be open to using a small addition of black ( mirror frame. Lighting). I agree that light bar is not great but it caught my eye. I would love to find something great... sconce or vanity light. Re the frosted, that's what I've always gone for and I'm finding the clear looking fresher. But valid point about dust.

Suggest away. Eld I hear you with fewer decisions. I like your medicine cabinet. When I browsed I was only finding small ones.

I hesitated posting because I was concerned about reactions but you've all been helpful and supportive.

I know that black hardware would work well ( faucets) but I have a thing that I really like chrome and always puck something else so this time it's my bathroom and it's chrome. Lol. I do think black will add to it nicely.

So suggest away.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

It's going to be so pretty!

If you are open to sconces, what are your parameters? Style, wattage, price point, etc?

• Eileen
    3 months ago

I view vanity, mirror and lighting as all one unit. What I like to do is repeat a shape from the faucet into the lighting. Since your faucet is feminine and curvy, I would avoid angular lines in the sconces.

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

The faucet is curvy ( actually all the faucets are) but everything else is pretty linear. So you can see I'm confused. I want the lighting to give good lighting not just be decorative. I'd say max max fir lighting would be $400 ? And less is way better.

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Oops I have never had sconces but I thought they're better lighting? I am clueless.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

What are the other sources of light in the room?

• jsk
    3 months ago

Someone posted this on mtn's lighting thread the other day:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Modern-LED-Black-Wall-Sconce-with-Frosted-Cylindrical-Acrylic-Shade-Dimmable-Sconces-Wall-Lighting-Set-of-2-8001WL-15BK-US-2P/326700269

They come in black and brass.

I am also starting a bath renovation and am considering the black. They are crazy inexpensive so I do worry about the quality. Note the price is for a pair! But something about them is very appealing to me.

Also not sure how much light they give off. I think you would need an additional light source in the bathroom to use something like this.

salonva thanked jsk
  • DLM2000-GW
    3 months ago

ooohhhh I like those jsk! Downside is they are LED chips and not replaceable so when they go, so does the fixture. I wish they'd put some limits on that - most consumers don't know or don't think to check unfortunately. So they are 1200 lumens, roughly 100 watts per fixture until they begin to degrade and loose brightness. They are aluminum which in some places can be recycled - we have a scrapper who will come and p/u any metal that is not directly recyclable with the county.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

Brass would work very well with black accents and with your tile and countertop. I didn't see the Hansgrohe on their website to see if they have it in brass.

I have a similar style, Delta Cassidy, in chrome. Here's it's shown in champagne bronze. It works equally well with cool and warm colors. It might tie everything together very nicely for you!

salonva thanked Eileen
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

We currently only have the vanity light ( I just went to check and it has 6 functioning out of 8 on the hollywood bar light) which even though they are dim lights, is plenty bright. We also have one recessed light by the shower.

I was not planning on additional ceiling lighting, but I could be wrong. In theory, I was planning on the vanity light to be sufficient lighting for the room.

I just checked and they are the 40 watt small ball bulbs. It's quite adequate lighting in there. ( We never use the shower light but yes we'll put it in again).

as I read the posts, so much helpful advice thank you.

I forgot to add, that I am using a light gray grout.

In my kitchen backsplash, I used white white for the subway tiles and while it looks nice, I was sorry that I didn't have a wee bit of contrast with it. As it is, it looks like a white shiny wall.

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I love the Delta Cassidy. For the record I am committed to using chrome faucets. I will use black for mirror and or lighting, but I am not entertaining gold or brass, as much as I love them.

I am using a plumbing supply place I guess similar to build.com but regional.

I was ordering all Moen Belfield but I saw the Hansgroeh on Costco- and I decided I liked it better....they had it in Chrome, and I know costco will be reputable to deal with. I believe it is a discontinued model, but I don't care. :)

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

hmmm might as well ask one more ( of many)- I have not ordered towel bars,hooke rings, toilet paper holder etc etc. Would it be a good idea to do those in black? Im not having a ton of that, but maybe that would make sense?

• blueskysunnyday
    3 months ago

I did classic chrome for anything truly attached. But I would be too lazy to change out any of those things!

salonva thanked blueskysunnyday
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

I have not ordered towel bars,hooke rings, toilet paper holder etc etc. Would it be a good idea to do those in black? I

I kinda think I would. Then really it is just your shower that is chrome? I think it might make sense to divide it up that way, like the shower is its own theme?

DId you want every modern lighting? What lighting is shown with your vanity? That might be a start.

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

It's not just the shower----All faucets ( vanity, shower, and tub) are chrome....The pix of the vanity of course don't show any light.... So if I were to do sconces with the mirror over the vanity, and thevanity is 48 inches, what size mirror? The one you posted earlier I thougth woudl be too skimpy but maybe not . It is 21 by 35. (the seamless one Mtn posted)....

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

Sorry, I got confused; aren't you changing the vanity faucets to black to go w the hardware on the vanity?

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I am not planning to change out the vanity faucet. I plan to use chrome for all the faucets......... I was originally contemplating changing out the vanity hardware from black but I think I agree that the black works. I've seen many pictures of black pulls and chrome or gold or other than black to match the vanity pulls/hardware-faucets throughout and I am good with that. I do agree that bringing in a touch more black would be good.... so that's where the mirror and lights come in ( and not sure what to call it but the accessories like towel bars and hooks and all that stuff).

I could see bluesky's solution working ( just the mirror being black) as well as others mentioned.

I just need to find a combo mirror and lighting that more than works for me, and then I can figure out the finishes.

As you can tell I get overwhelmed easily with the searches.....but I did find that vanity after more hours on the interwebz than someone sane should spend- so there's that....but I am coming up all over the place with light and mirror. On a minor backnote, I have put off ordering the towel stuff- bars rings whatever as I am not sure yet what we need -but that can of course play into our finish dilemma.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

I think the problem is that the pulls are forcing you to design an entire room around them by adding black, and they're such a minor element. With cream and brown tile, I just don't see how black fits in. There is a style as well as a color issue in the materials you're considering. In such a small room, you want cohesiveness.

I agree with Sueb here:

I personally would want a more clean lined faucet with those pulls.

The pulls are black, chunky, and modern. The faucet is classic and graceful.

They're too industrial, farmhouse, modern or whatever and they're leading you into that style with your mirror and sconce choices. I would not do a mirror with a black frame or sconces with chunky black metal.

With the basket weave door, you can turn the vanity into a more classic look by changing the pulls. That's easier than changing tile. Ideally, I would change them for ones in the brown family that have a softer shape. Or I would try ignoring them as they may just fade into the background when everything is in place.

I'd look for chrome sconces first, with a tentative plan to use a frameless mirror in whatever shape and size you like.

salonva thanked Eileen
  • blueskysunnyday
    3 months ago

Just want to add that in addition to the black cab hardware and mirror frames, I also did a black trash can, soap dispenser, countertop tray and hand towels. All of my black is a matte black.

salonva thanked blueskysunnyday
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Very interesting comments, thank you. Eileen, I think you offered some very good points.

I do think another touch of black, whether it's a mirror frame or some accessories woud be fine.

I won't be seeking out much more black and will bsically stick to the chrome/silver tones.

As I mentioned, I've seen quite a few vanities with black hardware and chrome facuets and they look fine.

Bluesky thank you for your feedback as well. It;s very helpful to know that touches of black balancesd it all out.

So now I 'm scouring the offerings for vanity light/ sconces or vanity bar. oh yes and of course my mirror.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

I guess I'm not making myself understood. It's not the black hardware and chrome faucet. It's the black hardware and cream/brown tile. I'm also concerned about the brown and cream tile with the white countertop. Typically with black it's a black, white, silver/gray palette. Natural wood cabinetry is often used to warm it up a little, so your vanity does work with that palette.

Does your tile come in a white and gray marble like in the photo you first showed?

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

I think maybe my lousy camera shots are what is confusing you. The first photo I shared was a stock photo of the floor tile, and the other photos were my photography skills in bad lighting.

Here is the floor tile, which I photographed on a display in the store. Maybe that will help show what it is? ( I will be using a lighter grout ). It's hard to convey the color, but it is soft white with mostly gray but some brown. The vanity countertop is also a softer white with some muddled gray. IT

It really does not appear to be cream in real life. I can worry with the best of em but I am not worried about the whites and the colors not working together. I think they play nicely with everything.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

That photo is reassuring! Very nice tile!

I would still use a frameless mirror and chrome for the sconces and towel bars. I think any sconce in black will look very heavy and won't coordinate with the faucet style. You could bring in black with counter accessories and art with a touch of black and framed in black.

salonva thanked Eileen
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Well I'm still thinking on the mirror and lighting.

In the meantime, I am seeking any opinions on wall color. I know it woudl be great to wait for all the components in place to decide on wall color, but that's not going to happen. They will paint once when they have the new walls all in place unencumbered.

I guess a soft white would work nicely but I am thinking that some color would be nice.

I gravitate to blue for everything so of course that comes to mind along with a smokey color.

What do you think?

Some colors on my radar SW Comfort Gray and Upward

Are they wrong? too dark? I look forward to your thoughts. thank you

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

What colors do you have in your bedroom?

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Good one Mtn! Since we moved in, we've only repainted the kitchen and the powder room. Our bedroom has light wood furniture and white quilt, with blue and white comforter folded.There is a blue moire sort of pattern chair in the room, blue and white lamps. And beige carpet.

I consistently have blue whenever I have a choice although I've noticed I am beginning to like green in some way. (I painted powder room sea salt).

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

I would be inclined to choose a color from your bedroom, albeit a lighter version

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

yes, it's funny because from the swatches, those paint ideas have potential. When I posted them above, they look way richer and stronger (and not in a good way).

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

You could order some from Samplicize (sp?)

• salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

For sure. I was just saying how the way some of the colors appear on a ( my) monitor is quite different from how it is in real life. I have a swatch deck so while it's not a big chunk of the color like the Samplize not sure of spelling either----it IS the color. So more indecision. I think seeing them distorted on my monitor, I would go lighter still.

I was just wondering if having a pale bluegraygreen seems like not a good choice.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 months ago

I was just wondering if having a pale blue gray green seems like not a good choice.

It's so personal, but I typically prefer a white bathroom. You could do wallpaper but that will really send you down a rabbit hole.

• Eileen
    3 months ago

Those colors are saturated. I've sampled similar but lighter colors than those in my bathroom, including the popular Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments, and they go minty, like toothpaste.

I've saved the Benjamin Moore Pale Smoke strip but never got around to sampling it. Pale Smoke is less green than Quiet Moments. In this blog she used colors from that strip--Silver Crest for the ceiling and the Wales Gray for the walls. Perhaps you could use that strip as a starting point because anything greener will be minty.

https://www.oldtownhome.com/2015/2/5/Refreshing-a-Dated-Bathroom-Windows-Lighting-and-Accessories/#google_vignette

Sherwin Williams has a lot of whites with a blue green undertone. I've been surprised by how much color some of those whites have when painted on the wall.

salonva thanked Eileen
  • salonva
    Original Author
    3 months ago

Saturated is the word I was looking for. Exactly.

Well I went back to looking for lighting and mirrors.

I've been looking and looking and while of course I see a lot that's really nice, I am not quite feeling it. The sconce about 20 posts above is very nice, but I'm not sure if it would be too crisp (for lack of a better word) . Too sleek?

Anyway I just found an interesting light on the A river site and then saw that houzz has it as well. It comes in a 3 light bar, OR as a one which can be used as a sconce. ( It's a bit hefty so if I did sconce it would certainly be a narrower mirror).

here's the 3 light with milk glass

and here's the sconce. Each can come with milk glass or with LED (which is clearer glass).

the single sconce with LED

Have I gone down the rabbit hole to never return and need someone to steer me back? Either way, aren't they pretty?

• nini804
    3 months ago

Don’t forget…you can mount a sconce through a mirror! I made an unusual choice when we were building (master double vanity)…most people were doing framed mirrors, but I wanted MORE mirror, for both aesthetic and functional reasons. Rather than the typical flat builder mirror, though, I asked to have a bevel around the edges and the sconces mounted through the glass. (two singles with a double in the middle.) Having the lighting closer to eye level reduces shadows, so that is helpful. Mostly, though, I just really like how it looks.

• jsk
    last month
    last modified: last month

@salonva is your bathroom done? Did you post pictures? I was away on vacation for a couple of weeks so I might have missed it if you did. Tried searching but search here is not the best.

Our gut remodel starts 3 weeks from today! Starting to stress about 'what did I not think of?'!

salonva thanked jsk
  • salonva
    Original Author
    last month

Hi- I kept thinking about posting........the project is probably 90% done and I love everythng.

It was going so smoothly that we thought we'd be done in 4 weeks............but then......... the tiler guy who was maybe 80% done got into an car accident and it was at the point where the tiling needed to be done to go any further with most things. They worked around a bit but we were on hold for a good week.... There really were no complications or glitches.

When it came time for the tub, I was not really thrilled. It seemed too massive for the space. It fit, dimension wise, but it wasn't thrilling me. DH mentioned that it was a nice tub but seemed so big for the space.

Well, I told them to hold off installing it and we tried moving it a bit which worked better, but not ideal. So after much soul searching and anguish and revisiting, I;m going with one of the original tubs that I wanted. It "should " come one day this week and we will deal with the issues of reworking some of the plumbing. This is about 4 inches narrower but almost same interior dimensions so it should be perfect.

. Of course, the shower glass is not in yet and willl be at least 2 weeks.

Anyway here are some pix

That mirror is 36 inches tall . I will order one that is 40 inches tall so it will still cover the light box thing (Same top height) but will be closer to the backsplash. It's a small tweak. The wall is North Star, a blue gray. It looks more baby blue in the photos.

I don't take the best photos, but I'm really happy with it. The tub will go to the right of the vanity.

• salonva
    Original Author
    last month

This didn't post.

• DLM2000-GW
    last month

You have to be so thrilled - it looks great!

• jsk
    last month

It's stunning @salonva!

Sorry to hear about the tile guy's accident! Hope he's ok now.

Everything looks wonderful. Yes, I think a somewhat longer mirror will fit the space better. As you said, a small change. Good you caught the tub size issue before it was installed!

Have you gotten the cost of the shower glass? That is the one thing I do not yet know the cost of since it's done at the very end. I mean, after the cost of everything else, I'm sure it will be a small percentage, but still it would be nice to have an estimate. I suppose I could ask contractor what he thinks it will be.

My contractor told me 3 weeks as long as I have everything in house when they start. I find that really hard to believe. We have everything either here or ordered and expected before the start date. But there are so many moving parts, and things have to be done in such a specific order (marble slab on shower ledge wall before tile and shower bench, wall tile before vanities, wall tile before or after bench install? (no idea), etc etc). I sure hope the contractor and the marble and quartz fabricator work well together!

Oh, wait, the lights I picked are on back order. Right now they're saying shipping on May 1st. That should be fine, I think. Even if everything else is done and I still have to wait for lights, should be ok. There will be pot lights and a chandelier. It's just the vanity lights that are on backorder. So we will have light in the bathroom even without them for a short time (I hope). I really don't want to start the search again!

And I have to pick a paint color too. I'm sure that will be easy (NOT!).

I'm very envious you are at the finish line.

salonva thanked jsk
  • salonva
    Original Author
    last month

jsk-- As I said, I am really pleased but man it was quite the adventure (and still not completed but it's no longer a construction site and we have our bedroom back).

Re the shower glass, the contractor gave a ballpark figure and the glass place came out last week . As you probably remember they can't quite do it until all the tiling and thresholds and what have you are in place for the shower. We got the proposal and it's actually a smidge lower than the ballpark figure so that was a shock. I figured if the ballpark was $2,000 it would somehow be a minimum $2500 and likely $4000 lol. I thought it was going to be a lot worse. We also don't have the largest shower and it's really only one side with glass.

I did have all the materials on hand pretty much before they started, though some items like the lighting etc I did get during the construction but I limited my selections to what would be readily available and in stock so there really were no issues with that.

well even though it's not 100% finished, I am feeling like it is. I'm excited because no one will be here tomorrow.

I'm sure your project will bring you delight.

• jsk
    last month

Thanks for the info on the glass. We're assuming around $2k as well. Our shower is large, but also only one side is glass and we don't plan on having a door. Just 2 planes of glass with an opening.

I didn't know my lights weren't in stock until we ordered. They are on display in the Ferguson showroom. Ordered along with everything else (faucets, shower heads...). A couple days later she called to let me know they're backordered. I then found them on the manufacturer's site which said it would ship in a couple days. Ordered. Got email pushing delivery out a couple weeks. When that date came and went, I emailed them and they said another couple weeks. That date came and went and I emailed again and they pushed it to around the same date as Ferguson's. Beyond annoying. Right now I have both orders active (we need 6 sconces so 12 on order!).

The part I'm dreading the most is having to sleep in the guest room. Which right now is packed with all the bathroom stuff including 2 large vanities. Not sure how that's going to work!

Looking forward to that first day without construction people in my house! Well, looking forward to the first day with! And then the first day without. My husband declared last night he's going to shower 10 times a day!

• barncatz
    last month

That is so pretty, salonva. I skipped the discussion because I figured it had been all sorted and it has been. It looks so light and serene.