SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lmesfl

master bath lights and mirrors with tile- do I need to warm it up?

lmesfl
5 years ago

I am down to finishes thankfully in our MB remodel and need help with mirrors and chandelier and lights to pull it together!

What I have picked: The glass accent tile pic is below, it will be on a 1/2 wall above the white MTI resin matte tub. The floor tile will be matte porcelain dolomite look (almost all white) tile. The shower will be polished of the same product. The vanities are dark stained wood. Counter tops are torquay, with white sinks. Sink and cabinet hardware are brushed nickel.

My concerns are how integrate dark wood vanities with all the white tile. I also want to pull some of the 'warmth' from the glass accent tile to the rest of the room. And I wonder about mixing metals in the lighting?

Ideas???:

• Do I use a dark wood mirror to balance the vanities dark color? And my vanity is 65" and his is 48" so can I use the same sized mirror on both or do I need to go with full wall sized mirrors and custom frame them?
  • What do you think of a chandelier? I want some bling but not sure this glass accent tile is dressy enough for crystal. Also this will hang in your sight line as you enter the room, and behind it visually is the tub and the accent wall of tile so....Do I want something airy and not as eye catching?
  • Should the chandelier be bronze to pull the dark wood to the center of the room, or should I do like a "winter gold" or some shade of gold to pull in the creamy warm glass tile? Or do I just stick with nickel and choose something with a champagne shade?

What do you think of something like this? Too "dressy"?

Vs something like this?

Comments (10)