SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jyl_gw

A Package Of Food!

John Liu
3 months ago
last modified: 3 months ago

I was very excited to receive a present from Michigan, specifically from our own lpink!, in the form of a box of local tasty foodstuffs.

To someone who lives as far, mentally if not geographically, from farms as one can get, I would have no idea what foods are local to my state and which could be packaged and mailed to a friend far away. But fortunately Laurie is more in touch with Where Food Comes From.

My haul includes Randalls’ Great Northern Beans which can be made into a lower fat spinach artichoke dip, bread-and-butter pickles grown and canned by lpink’s community garden volunteers, Michigan cherry salsa which DD is very excited to try, Michigan IPA mustard and rub which I will try using for a “poulet à la moutarde“, a dried sausage of complex appearance, garlic crackers of the sort favored by Michiganers or Michiganites or Michiganettes, whichever it is, and in these days of they and them Who Knows Anymore?, and a spice herb to convert the above beans to the above dip. There was a lot in that present box!

Thank you, lpink! I’m very grateful.

P.S. Has CF ever done a casual food exchange? The kind where people put their addresses on a list from which, once a month, a sender and sendee are randomly selected and notified, with either or both to make a post later for the vicarious appreciation of those who were selected as neither that month? Notified confidentially, I should add, so that either sender or sendee can quietly “pass” should that month not be convenient, allowing another person to be randomly selected. If, say, 24 persons were on the list, on average each person would be a sender or sendee once a year. So one wouldn’t count on this to fill the larder, it’d be more of an occasional fun post prompt.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH