SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevenwills

Do you like your Andersen windows / the Andersen you've worked with?

4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

I'm going to be replacing two garage windows late this summer and my house windows next year. I've always planned to go Marvin, but Ive come to find out that they are HARD to come by. I don't mean lead time. I'm talking finding someone who can order them.

Marvin sells through contracting companies only as far as I have seen. They aren't carried by lumber companies like the other big brands. We have one Marin dealer here, and I live in the second largest city in my state. Our state capital even only has one. And they both have bad reputations.

Something no one talks about in all of the Marvin vs Andersen threads all over the internet is how much more accessible Andersen are. It's insane to me that in the thousands of threads I've read - no one talked about how much more accessible Andersen are. And I'm sure part of that is to help with Marvin's branding and word of mouth. But that is a MAJOR detail and a MAJOR pro for Andersen. You can find them everywhere and you can even order product only and have your own contractor install them for you. I've already gotten three quote requests sent off for Andersen because they make it so easy.

Trying to get Marvin product only has been an impossible feat. Only the one place I mentioned here will order them, and only if you use them to install.

So I'm leaning 99% toward Andersen. Do those of you with Andersen like yours, what do you like the best, is there anything you wish you knew going into the whole process? How do those of you with period homes feel about them? I think they look as nice as Marvin. I really truly think Marvin leads the pack from it just being said out loud until people took it as fact. Andersen seem just as nice and has every option I want down to the last detail.

My house is "period" built in 1915 and I need to do some re-framing around windows to accommodate modern windows and am going to pull the siding off and fix sheeting. So overall, I'll be more flexible than people just getting replacements since I can treat mine like new construction.

Thanks for reading.

Comments (7)