SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tmountainhigh

mitigation charges

tmountainhigh
4 months ago

Happy Holiday Greetings to all 🎄 I’m in the midst of renovating my mother’s home after 1/3 of the house was flooded. I have never done anything like this before. It’s a big learning curve for me. I have a question regarding the mitigation. My contractor is telling me that it’s not unusual that I would see line item charges on the mitigation invoice that were not actually done. As an example: There is a charge for a containment system/airlock. The contractor did not do this. My mothers caregiver ordered a ozone machine off of Amazon. We taped off ducts and ran it one time. I took the plastic off the ducts when I removed them for painting. So I am having a hard time understanding WHY I am being charged for it. When I asked my contractor his reply was “ Was why are you so against me making any money”! Let me say now I am not stingy. I will gladly pay for the work he has DONE. But I have trouble with the many items he hasn’t done on the mitigation. I need to know if this is a normal way construction renovation is done? It just doesn’t seem right to me. Thanks in advance ☺️

Comments (17)