SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
steven_alejandro

Potted Lemon Trees are Dying

Steven Alejandro
5 months ago

They did very well this summer on the deck with filtered sunlight. But we live in NW Montana and brought them inside last month. Since then, they are going downhill. They were dark green and happy outside. We have them in a utility room with LED grow lights and a temp that averages in the low to mid 70s. We use a hygrometer to check soil moisture. Since they came indoors the leaves started becoming pale and the edges of many turned white and looked burned. the white spreads to the entire leaf killing it. The other leaves get a pale yellow cast to them with darker green veins and then drop. I thought they might be getting too much light and reduced the lighting by 30%, but it had no effect. A Hibiscus that was outside has also had it's leaves turn from dark green to pale green with some yellowing as well. Its pot is adjacent to the lemons. What is going on? I assume it has something to do with the new environment, but I can't figure out what I need to do to make it right. More light, less light, more water, ....? All the overwintering plants are bug free.

Comments (7)