SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Fancy Cocktails

bbstx
6 months ago

My course for our next cookbook club luncheon is Cocktails. I always try to do something a little fancy and a little different. This time, I’d like to try to make a cocktail that is served in an ice sphere. You then tap the ice sphere with a small hammer. The sphere breaks and the cocktail flows into the glass. Instead of the cocktail shown in the video, I’d probaby make Ina Garten’s Pomegranate Cosmo

I have to make 8 cocktails. I would have to haul the balls about 10 minutes away from my house. The ice shells are thin so they will melt easily.

Have you ever done this? Am I biting off more than I can chew? Do I need dry ice in my cooler to transport the ice balls? (Wonder if you can buy dry ice in the little town where I live?)

If this is a disaster waiting to happen, tell me about your experience with edible glitter. Could I just throw a little glitter into the cosmo and serve it the normal way? Is it like drinking something with grit in it?

This one looks interesting as the ice ball melts and the purple flows into the cocktail. I don’t think I’d like the basic cocktail. Wonder how it would work with a standard margarita and the butterfly pea tea ice ball?

Any other suggestions for a WOW cocktail?

Comments (27)