SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hhireno

Help me design the seating side of my kitchen

hhireno
10 months ago

How would you set up a room that is 19’ by 11’? The furniture will be a round, non-expanding, dining table and chairs (non-negotiable), and I want some LR type furniture for causal seating (open to suggestions, nothing purchased yet). Also wondering about area rug size(s).

Other pieces that could be used include:

bakers rack 52” wide, 17” deep, 76” height

desk 44” w, 20” d, 34.5” h

sofa table 52” w, 17” d, 26.5” h

One of the short walls is a stone wall, with a fireplace. The fireplace box is 12” off the floor, 42” wide, and the top of the opeing in 42” from the floor. There is no hearth and no mantle. Currently, there are candles on a various heights, black metal, candle holder and a black metal, mesh, fireplace screen. I do not like and have never used the fireplace. I don’t recall even lighting the candles ever. I will never use the fireplace and would like to disguise the big, black, ugly hole that it is.

I’ve considered a love seat with the back of it against the fireplace and covering it, so it just looks like a stone feature wall, but the 42” height severely limits choices of furniture.

One long wall has 2 windows, the other side is a walkway so that narrows the room from its 11’. The open part of the room is my kitchen with an island.

There is no tv and no need of one.

I do not have any photos or a floor plan, so if you can’t make suggestions without those, I understand and apologize for wasting your time to read this.

I’m afraid I’m locked into only seeing the space the same old way, and was looking for fresh ideas.

TIA.

Comments (10)