SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ancillamariae

UPDATE: Long narrow closet dilemma

ancillamariae
last year
last modified: 9 months ago

Update from my original post--We have now completed the closet redesign, and it turned out great. Thanks again to all of you who commented previously and for all the helpful tips. With the space the size it is, it certainly is not a dressing room but I `wasn't planning on that or expecting it. I just needed a larger

space to store my clothes and things, and that's exactly what I got. With just a few adjustments, I had room for everything, and I find it easy to use and very functional (which is what I need from a closet). Thanks again!

We've got a real problem with a closet space. We are redesigning a bedroom/bathroom, and it had an existing 4x4 closet. The bathroom was also extremely small, so we are expanding it into what used to be an extra bedroom. The closet will still have to maintain its 4' width but now there is an additional 8ft depth that could be used. From all I've read, 4 ft. is too narrow for a walk-in, but I don't know how to enlarge this closet without having it be far too deep. I need more closet space, but I also need it to be functional. The door is on the short end, so I don't see any way to make this a large reach-in. Moving the door would mean that the entrance is from the bathroom not the bedroom, and I don't like that idea at all. Any suggestions as to what to do about that extra depth? Is there anyway to incorporate it (or at least some of it) into the closet? Thanks.

Comments (19)