SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_440464207

Requesting help to elevate MCM open-concept layout and decor

Ali Jensen
last year

We remodeled this MCM home just as the pandemic started - adding the entire new back end to the house. With delays in the supply chain - choices were limited. We LOVE the open-concept but find it hard to make design choices. We've lived in this space for a few years, in my pictures I tried to show the reality of how we use it. I think I've lived my entire adult life in spaces that have never been finished - I'd really like to change that with this space.
We're open to all suggestions. Very few pieces of furniture have to stay in the space: HM Eames Chair, Dining room table (excluding chairs), TV to remain in same location, and custom rugs ordered specifically for this space. I'd love to keep the Sputnik chandelier - but it's missing some bulbs that I can't seem to find anywhere - open to other options. The leather sectional is new- but I could be swayed to entertain other options.
Some of the Issues we are looking for solutions for: TV wall is boring. Dining room chairs aren’t comfortable and are limiting for guest body types. Both seating areas feel awkward and unfinished. Kitchen pendants don't do the space any favors. We need more storage.

Thank you for the help or at least pointing me in the right direction! I have more pictures!

Comments (25)