SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_dale56

Home office furniture layout optimization/ rearrangement

Katie Dale
last year

My dad has begun to heavily increase the amount in which he works from home which has resulted in his home office seeing a major increase in use. Because of this, while my dad is on a business trip, my mom and I are redoing/ reorganizing the space in an attempt to increase its overall optimization. While the current layout is not bad, we just replaced his standard armchair with a rocking recliner. While the overall size of the chair is the same, it has caused the current layout to be much more awkward due to the distance the chair needs to be from the wall (so it can recline). He has been asking for this recliner for a long time so now that we have it, we want to make sure it is not going to cause issues with anything. I have attached 3D generated images of the space as well as a 2D image of the ”floor plan” with a general measurement of the room (it is not exact but it’s fairly close). There is more furniture in the room then pictured in the images, but the furniture that is pictured in the images must be in the room (mandatory if you would). We can make do with the other pieces of furniture but the ones shown are not an option. If anyone has any ideas/ suggestions in anyway it would be very much appreciated. Even if the suggestions do not have to do with the overall layout, but a way to optimize the current layout, those would be welcome as well!! Thank you!,

Ps: Once I get home from university and am able to take the exact measurements of the room, I will and I will add to the post.

Comment (1)