SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andie325

Help Me Rearrange/Redesign/Reorganize my Home Office

Andie
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We have been in the process of replacing all of the trim and doors in our house. The latest room to be redone is our home office, which is right off the side of our den. It is a small space, and this is currently have we have it arranged, which is not really working all that well as being a functional, organized space. there is one low window that is 36" and next to it is a tall bookcase that I'm thinking of getting rid of. We have a large safe in the very opposite corner that has to reside in this space and this corner seems to be the only good location for it at this point.... I am seriously considering getting rid of all of the furniture in this space and trying to rearrange it so that it uses the space wisely and has storage for craft items, work items, the computer, etc. We went from having a laptop to a desktop with a larger monitor and a large printer as well. I am leaning toward wanting to reformulate the space with inexpensive base cabinets as a "desk base" and then fitting some wood over top and then painting it all to match and look like a desk, similar to the attached photos or using the big box store cubicle systems for shelving and organization in some way to create a desk area. Does anyone have any experience with any of this and if so, how would you configure it in this space? I'm almost considering a corner desk space with upper shelves in that corner by the window... Also, would love to do this on a smallish budget ($200 or less!!!) Any ideas or suggestions?

this is the current space: next to the safe we have one of those "cubicle" things to hold the printer and some canvas bins, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to organize this space and make it work better

Comments (8)