SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Redesigning a house and my life.

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

I'm doing a 100% rehab on a 1800 sq. ft. home that has been vacant for six years. A big project on a tiny budget.

I need suggestions for a 10' x 11' room on the ground level of a four bedroom walkout split entry (raised ranch?) The room has a 2.5' x 5' closet with sliding doors on one wall, a window on one wall, a ledge on one wall, and a door into the room on the fourth wall. The ceiling is 7.5' in part of the room and 7' in another part of the room(see pic)

This will not be a bedroom or an office. It's my whatever room. I'm recently disabled so I'm recreating myself for the next stage of my life. Possibly going back to school. Thankfully I don't have any mobility issues.

I'm indecisive about "my" style other than I don't want, primitive or rustic. I have already purchased some fabric for the window covering so that might have an influence on the style. (See pic however the colors shown are a little off. There is more cream and brown in the pattern) I will be making my own window covering. Very dark oak woodwork that I can either spruce up or paint. Popcorn ceiling that I can paint or retexture. Cement floor open to flooring suggestions. I haven't chosen furniture so except for the window fabric the room is a blank slate waiting for creative ideas. The fabric only cost $10 so even that isn't an absolute keeper.

I'm more than a bit overwhelmed by all the decisions that I need to make for the whole house rehab. Thank you in advance for all your suggestions!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (21)