SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
party_music50

Chances of getting a harvest? :)

party_music50
last year

Last year is the first time ever that the neighborhood rabbits got into my veggie gardens and ate ALL of my green bean and cucumber plants! It really bummed me out because I was trying a new variety of green beans and my plants were loaded with perfect little gbs! Ordinarily, I talk to the rabbits while they're eating my lawn clover and they don't bother my veggie plants at all. Now I'm trying to decide if they might eat all my veggie plants again this year -- they don't seem to be afraid of me. lol! One of my gardens is around 24' x 20' with a 1' high willow wattle fence. I looked into fencing and realized that I can buy a lot of green beans for the cost... the cheapest thing I found was some 2' high, 1" spacing chicken wire in a 150' roll for under $60. If I were to wrap the wattle fence with this 2' high chicken wire, do you think it be enough to keep the rabbits out? and maybe even deter the squirrels? :) I figure it's just short enough for me to climb over. If it's the height that matters, I could weave the wattle fence higher, but I think that would block some light and airflow to the garden plants. Thoughts?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm