SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janina_piotroski

Gas range/top and/or electric oven. Help me decide and check my design

Hello

I am doing a complete kitchen gut/redo. I have the design/layout mostly done but can't seem to decide on whether I should go with a gas rangetop with double electric oven or a gas range plus a single electric oven or single electric oven with microwave. I definitely want a gas range or rangetop. Its the oven part that I'm having trouble with. I currently have it laid out with 36" gas rangetop as I figured if I go separate with rangetop and oven then I might as well go with 36" and double electric oven but after doing lots more reading, I'm leaning towards a bluestar range/rangetop and holy cow, they are expensive. So that got me thinking that maybe I should do a 30" Bluestar or similar range and maybe a single electric oven or electric oven with microwave. Right now my microwave is on a shelf next to fridge and it makes that corner kind of odd but the bump out of the microwave but it was a compromise as I didn't really want to put the microwave in a base cabinet.

I don't do a crazy amount of cooking but do have a family of 5 and sometimes entertain (though small). I do like to bake homemade sourdough bread and pizza. Would like to have warmer drawer type of function and figure double oven could pull double duty for baking and keeping warm. Will say that I have never cooked with gas but always wanted to and have never used a high quality cooking anything. My current house is our forever house and will be passed on to the kids someday. So we do want to invest in quality and hubby is a fix anything except electronic/computer kind of guy. I will attach some design pics. Would greatly appreciate any ideas/input on my cooking situation and or anything else you might notice that could be improved before I order cabinets.

Thank you so very much. I feel like my head is going to explode with thinking about all of this.

Comments (30)