SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

Did you know you can cook a turkey roll in an air fryer?

colleenoz
last year

We're not having the Christmas we planned. An amazingly selfish workmate of DH's came back to work after isolating for only 2 instead of 5 days after testing positive for Covid, and spent the afternoon in a small room with DH. The not unsurprising result was that DH tested positive the following Monday, precluding him from attending the planned traditional family gathering on Christmas Eve. I decided not to attend either despite testing negative as I would have felt awful leaving DH on his own.

DD and her husband flew over from Melbourne for our fist Christmas together since 2019. They were going to come home with us after the family gathering and spend Christmas Day with us then go on to visit other family. I have a turkey in the freezer and all the stuff to go with it. They cancelled because they didn't want to risk getting Covid and then going on to see SIL's elderly, immunocompromised parents, which I totally understand.

Not wanting to cook the huge turkey for just DH and I on Christmas Day (we're getting together with DD and SIL later this week), I got a turkey roll for the two of us. Then the airconditioning failed.

Yay. It's been around 106F here and the earliest I can get the airconditioning looked at is after New Year. (Our regular guy is not available until March, by which time summer will be mostly over.)

So obviously I didn't want to heat up the kitchen with the oven and it was too warm to comfortably cook out on the grill. But, I had done a pork belly in the air fryer the week before (it was awesome!!!) so I thought, let's give this a whirl.

It worked really well, didn't heat up the kitchen and then while the turkey was resting I did some great crispy roast potatoes in the air fryer in 15 minutes. We did enjoy our impromptu Christmas lunch :-)

Comments (7)