SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elizabeth_marlowe61

COAT CLOSET OR LAUNDRY?

Elizabeth M
last year

I have a small midcentury ranch that needs some updates. One of the biggest functional issues for me is the laundry down in the garage. I have to go down several steps (in my 50s and as I age I am already not as sure footed as I was), and it’s cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I have had a couple of designers give a quick look, and there is literally no place to move a laundry center in my house except for the coat closet. A stackable unit would fit. The coat closet is in what I guess you could call a large keeping room which is open to the kitchen and the back door. The location is fine for it but I would no longer have a coat closet. Closet space in my house is already limited, the three bedrooms each have a small closet the same size as the coat closet. I could potentially use one of them for coats, as it is a guest room. The floor plan doesn’t even allow for a place to put a coat rack or hall tree! Opinions requested: if you had to choose, would you sacrifice your coat closet to have laundry inside the house? Thanks!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz