SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_231067475

Need exterior BM colors for siding + new black windows/sliding doors

last year

Hi Houzz,

Started back here with window frame choices. (Thanks to @millworkman and other Houzzers for opinions.)

Our new mix of black Marvin Essential and Elevate LowE2 (green cast!) windows and sliding patio doors are halfway installed. Requesting suggestions for great exterior color(s) for the upcoming new primed fiber cement siding, would like a modern look. The East-facing front house view from the curb is a lot of garage. Roof is moire black. Here's the front. Minimal or no trim around widows, and likely garage and house trim likely will be same color as main exterior for modern look (I think).

As you walk around to the south side left, our entry way features an archway and column.

You pass under the arch to access the south side and back of the house (west) which has a second floor balcony off the main bedroom. The front door is to the right, here hidden.

I'd like to paint the archway/column a contrasting color to the main exterior. There are bronze-y gutters which have an interesting varied weathered look, possibly leave them unpainted (unless that's too weird?) BM Super white and white dove appear way too white. BM Oatmeal is spouse's idea for main, but kinda meh? Also does Oatmeal allow me a gray color for the archway/column?

Colors I'm considering for archway are Trout Gray, Amherst Gray (reads green), Kendall Charcoal (too dark for main?) Gravel gray makes an archway statement, but is it too strong? But so far I can't land on the main exterior color. Cool colors or warm against the black frames? The green cast of the window glass for large windows and sliding doors is a factor too. I have been told to pick the main color first, makes sense, but I just can't locate it.

I like this color scheme (and the house too LOL) what colors are they and will they work for me in some fashion? Is there a go-to exterior "white" for gray/charcoal-y combinations with black frames?

Project by ODS Architecture.

Thanks!

Comments (5)