SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jchang_home

Need help with front exterior color, doors and windows

jchang_home
3 years ago

We have plans completed for an extensive remodel, but I'm not all that happy with the window schedule on the front. I would also like some help with color selection and just overall curb appeal opinions. I'd like to hire a professional for a consult, but I didn't see how to reach out to multiple people on Houzz like you can with Yelp or Thumbtack. So I'm posting this here. If anyone is interested in working with us, please feel free to send me a message or reply inline. Or if you just have an opinion, please share!

I also wasn't sure who the appropriate professional would be for something like this. Interior designer? We'll also need some help on the window and door schedule for the rest of the house, not just the front.

In any case, here are the details:

1. Floorplan and front elevation are attached below.

2. House siding will be stucco. Our preference is lighter colors (except for pure white) with dark trim. We would also like dark frame windows. Note there is a 4ft closet on the right hand side, so the window will have to avoid that. Below is an example mockup that I did. Tan/gray stucco with dark blue/gray trim and front door.

3. Our style leans toward modern craftsman. Below are some examples we found on Houzz that we like:

Aberdeen · More Info

Eagle Rock Complete Remodel · More Info

Shoreline Dr · More Info

103 NW 233rd St · More Info

City Bungalow · More Info

Contemporary Exterior · More Info

Ok, that last one is definitely more modern, but I like the look.

Thanks!

Comments (2)