SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jkatx

Tan vinyl windows - black sliding glass doers, or need to match?

j k
5 years ago
We’re renovating our new house, and it currently has tan/almond vinyl double hung windows with no muntins. They aren’t my preferred color or style, but they are only a few years old and very nice, so replacing them doesn’t make sense at the moment. However there are two sets of French doors that are in really bad shape. Given our more modern style and desire to let in more light, I’d like to just replace them with sliding glass doors rather than repair them.

My conundrum is picking a color. Like I said, the tan isn’t my preference, I’d much rather have black or white windows. When we get around to tackling the exterior, we’ll likely do a charcoal trim. Both the rooms where the sliding doors would be are going to be painted white. The bedroom doors are across the room from windows, but the living room doors are on the same wall as four tan windows.

I think white is out - I worry it would look like we tried to match the windows but didn’t. Maybe not though since the walls will be white? Given that we’re doing dark trim outside, could we get away with doing black sliding doors? Are they enough of their own element that a different color could work? Or will it look really off if we do anything other than match the tan color of the current windows?

Thanks!

Comments (7)