SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michelle_linden1

Master bath lighting and mirror choices

Michelle Linden
last year
last modified: last year

Coming down to some last decisions and would love opinions.

Our master vanity will have two sink area, each 39.5" wide, with a 36" drop down vanity between (yes, I do sit to do my hair and makeup). The cabinets are a slate stain. My plan is to have our cabinet builder make framed mirrors for me using the same stain (26 in? 28 in?). The bathroom has two recessed lights and a vent light in the center of the room behind the vanity. I am planning on putting two sconces on each side of the center mirror. I am only doing two, as I think 4 looks too busy. I am torn between sconces with a shade, or the "light saber" style. I prefer the look of the shade type but worry about fabric shade in the bathroom as well as whether it will be enough light. Our lighting designer really keeps pushing for the "light saber" style. I know they are very popular, but they seem too modern for our more traditional style home. I attached a mockup of my setup with the three light choices. The cabinet color looks weird. I just filled the sketch with a n approximation of our cabinet color. Our faucets are brushed nickel.

Thoughts?

Comments (8)