SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maya_orenstein

advice for master bath remodel - lighting, mirrors, etc.

Maya o
3 years ago

Hello,

I am having my master bathroom remodeled in just a couple of weeks. My contractor recommended a designer/supplier that he works with who came and helped me choose most of the materials. Honestly the selection he brought seemed very limited and I've been second guessing my choices but it may be too late to make changes now anyway. The shower tile is Bedrosian Cloe in Gray, shower floor tile is MSI surfaces Vista Azul Hexagon 6MM glass mosaic, the floor outside the shower area is MSI surfaces Watercolor Bianco Porcelain, the countertop is MSI surfaces Calacatta Leon, the vanity will be flat panel cabinets/drawers in a dark blue color. Any thoughts on the choice of materials?

I still need to purchase the mirror(s), new medicine cabinet, lighting, cabinet pulls/knobs, towel racks/hooks.

I am looking for advice on whether to get one mirror or two above the vanity and how to do the lighting. I have read that sconces are best but I don't think I can use sconces because the medicine cabinet on the left side will open in front of the mirror. The vanity is 65" and I'm planning to put in two sinks. There is also a skylight above the vanity area. Here are before photos of the vanity area. There are mirrored closet doors behind the vanity. For now I'm leaving them but may eventually get new doors.

Let me know if any more info or pics would be helpful. Thanks for any advice!!

Comments (7)