SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_36603

Master Bath Lighting and Mirror Size Shape Feedback

Lisa Marie Mayer
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Greetings

I am about 85% done with our master bath and closet overhaul. My design process is one where I do not select all components up front and now I have a bit of pickle. All of the lighting I am drawn to has at the least a four month wait for delivery (sonnomen piccolo). I am particular about how light is cast and its undertones so I cannot commit to that part of the process until I can physically see the lights and their attributes.

The wall behind the vanity should have had a backsplash of the same material but the 4 inch piece they cut off to lessen the depth of the vanity itself shattered so we will be covering that wall with 3 X 12 subway that replicates the look of the cabinet material. My faucets are brushed nickle but my cabinet hardware is matte black. I am leaning toward matte black for the mirror edging and the lights but I am open to anything that might pull the project together. I am thinking lighting should run vertically. Perhaps one on each side of the outer edges of the mirrors and one in the center space between them. I am looking for lighting on the wall next to the tub as well but I am inclined to not have them match the vanity lighting to define it as a separate space of sorts.

The towel hooks that will live on the wall behind the shower are roundish metal so I may lean toward a more organic shape.

The size of the space is 91.5 wide 63 deep.

I apologize in advance for the poor lighting. I have also included a close up of the vanity top and a shot of the tub/shower area.

Thanks

Lisa

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!