SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baseballlifeandbooks

Need help optimizing this master suite

Rob S
last year

Help! We are renovating our 1960s split level and this is a picture of the upper level (which we are converting from 3 bedrooms and 2 baths to 2 bedrooms and 2 baths (taking one whole bedroom to make an expanded master bedroom, bath and walk in closet). It’s a fairly sizeable space (bathroom is nearly 18” long for example) but we still don’t feel like it’s the perfect utilization of space for us. Namely my wife 1) doesn’t like that the master bath and walk in closet are on opposite sides of the bedroom (she said she’d need to walk cold out of the shower across the room into the master closet unless there’s some built ins or something somewhere ); and 2) she doesn’t feel the master bathroom has sufficient storage for linens, towels etc. Note the architect did design a very long vanity (from what I can tell, that vanity is at least 9-10” long) so perhaps she thought we would have ample storage under the dual vanity but my wife thought the shower - which is a show stopper right now because it’s so big - could be shortened and we could use part of that space for a floor to ceiling built in cabinet.

Any ideas on the plans or ways we could better optimize? I tried moving some things around but the two windows in the bathroom constrain what we can do so I’m open to ideas! Thanks all

Comments (53)