SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladygibbs

Help needed with master suite

ladygibbs
6 years ago

Hi! I have recently added a master suite to my 100 yr old farmhouse.

We are to the style/decoration stage and I need help picking wall and cabinet colors and lighting for the master bedroom and bathroom. We have a floor, and the shower/tub tile already chosen.

I prefer vintage/traditional/timeless and my husband likes geometric/angular/contemporary so we are having a real hard time agreeing on anything!

Firstly. Do you think this chandelier would be suitable above the tub? It has angles which my husband likes but still looks like an older piece which appeals to me.

Open to suggestions for vanity lighting. We do not like anything with a shade, and prefer the cups to point down to minimize dust catching.

Bathroom wall color: My husband wants navy. I prefer a seafoam/muted light green, or a light grey. Like these...

He is willing to compromise on the wall color if the vanity can be navy. Would this look terrible with one of the above wall colors or a light grey?

Lastly, our master bedroom will have blue/grey walls and wood trim/floor. Our bed and furniture is black. We are having some built ins around the tv like this:

How should the built ins be finished? Black? White? Wood? I am so lost.

I know I have a lot of questions and I truly appreciate any help I can get. So thank you in advance.

Comments (15)