SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
l_g_1975

Tiles crack after impact

L G
last year

Hi, yesterday i, after hearing a sting noise, diacovered that a basked containing an iron and steamer fell from over 6 feet in our bedroom walking closet, which is tiled like the rest of the bathroom. I didn’t see damage at first, but after closely examining the floor, I think I found where tge main impact was. The tile has crack and a slightly chipped,. So far, I don’t think there’s anything unusual, as an iron is heavy object and that is quite a fall. Now for the strange part snd my question - it seems like there was some shock wave going through the sub floor. I can see less than a hairline crack on multiple tiles in a certain direction starting the one I believe got the initial hit. The crack is not continuous, but it seem like the crack has a starting point and a direction, Does that make any sense? The tiles are spaced, of course, and I don’t see any damage to the grout between them.
Another question is should I be worried or do something about it. Aestethicgally, you can almost not see it standing up. Could it get worse? Knocking on the tiles doesn’t make a different sound than other tiles nor there’s a sign of movement. This is part of why I’m asking. I started becoming paranoid that the basket dropping was a concordance and that the crack was already there and a result of something else (very unlikely)

Thanks!

Comment