SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ascolling

Is exterior trim required on Okna Eco Pro 600 replacement windows?

ascolling
2 years ago

We are getting ready to order all new replacement windows for our home and have decided on Okna Eco-Pro 600 (double hung). Now I’m questioning how the windows will look on the exterior due to the depth of the frame. Our current windows are the original low-grade vinyl windows installed by the builder in 2002. They are pretty much flush with the J-channel. The Okna windows on the other hand, look like they might protrude out about 3 inches. Our shutters butt right up against the J channel so there is no room to add exterior trim on the sides. Has anyone installed Okna windows without wrapping with exterior trim? Does it look ok with the window protruding out? I'm feeling nervous about it and want peace of mind about the final appearance before I pull the trigger and order them. I want it to work because I love the quality of the windows.

Attached is a pic of current window and shutters. (Shutters obviously also being replaced) If anyone has exterior pics of their Okna windows I would love to see them. Would greatly appreciate any and all input!

Comments (6)