SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_729803949

Okna Windows vs Andersen and Pella

Jenny Tylersen
4 years ago

Hi everyone,

we are in the midst of researching replacement windows and dont know much. We are familiar with the andersen and pella brands but not Okna. Seems like many professional contractor and window forums like the Okna brand even though they are vinyl.

We obviously saw both pella and andersen and based on some of the performance data we should be looking at, they are both only average? we also arent quite sure we want to deal with the maintenance issues of a wood window either. We did see pella vinyl and it looked and felt cheap so that window is no longer a consideration.

Back to Okna which we saw for the first time this afternoon. An authorized okna contractor/ dealer came by to take the proper measurements and evaluations and showed us his Okna sample. We loved the way the Okna window looked despite it being vinyl. It looked sleek and seemed to be very high end. It definitely didnt have that cheap vinyl look, thats for sure. We have a nice home and only want to do this once. We are investing in 28 replacement windows, all of which are double hung style. We saw both the Okna 600 and Okna 800 series. We love the look of both and quite frankly i will let my husband decide since i will be happy with either.

my question is this: how much better is the okna in terms of energy efficiency opposed to andrsen and pella ? Is $650 per window for Okna a good price? It includes installation.

Comments (55)