SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_43329266

Refresh for old casement windows

last month
last modified: last month

I've searched Houzz discussions and beyond to no avail, so here goes: We have wood casement windows by Anderson from 1975 that are still in excellent condition, not a soft spot on them thanks likely to very deep awnings. We've invested in painting them white inside and out (previously the typical drab dark 1970s brown stain) to match the rest of our trim.

Now the "stone" color latches and cranks, basically a gray plastic look, stand out along with the screens with "stone" colored frames that sit on the inside of the outswing casements. We want to find these parts in white. According to the Anderson parts website and a human I spoke with at their call center, they do not offer these parts in white. Is there an after-market supplier of these products (crank handles, plates the cranks attach to, latches, and screens) in white? For 20 windows this will cost a chunk of change, but WAY less so than replacing perfectly good windows!

Additionally I'd like to add paintable wood grills / muntins (Colonial style), which again does not seem to be available through Anderson for our old window style. I've seen some dated comments on Houzz recommending various companies for this after-market product, one of which is no longer taking orders and the other didn't respond to my inquiry, so tips on that are most welcome too. Thanks in advance.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living