SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
darlin2

Entrance/mudroom dilemma in a very open concept loft condo

darlin2
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I have been racking my brain for months on what to do with the entrance way. I went to a designer for e-design project but the options were less than ideal. Our space is challenging so it is understandable.

We have three kids and there is no place for all the ”stuff” at the entrance. The complication is that the entrance opens up to the whole condo (living room, kitchen, dining room, family room -are all in one big open space). There are already built in cabinets under the TV in the living room and the kitchen is right next to the entrance.

We dont want to do anything major, just put in cabinets or wardrobe at the entrance to give us storage but we dont know how to create consistency with the existing built ins. we are thinking about purchasing some kitchen cabinets and retro fitting them.

I took a picture our current entrance (the wall space between the TV area (left) and the black door is the ”mudroom” space.

Thanks alot for getting through my long post and in advance for any suggestions/pictures.

Comments (3)