SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ckahmah

AGA range vs cooktop & double ovens?

ckahmah
2 years ago

Hello all, I have relied on gardenweb forums for years and appreciate the insightful comments here. I am trying to choose between an AGA Elise 48” induction range or an induction cooktop (probably Wolf 36”) with double wall ovens (probably Thermador).
Background: We extensively remodeled only a few years ago and put in my dream kitchen (Wolf 36” gas cooktop, Thermador double wall ovens), and I loved it all. On December 30, along with 1,000 other families, we lost our home in the Marshall wildfire. We are in the very early stages of planning our new home, and our builder/designer says kitchen appliances need to be picked out asap, as they drive design and the supply chain remains an issue.
I love the beauty and performance of the AGA, and I’m confident that it’s a reasonable choice.
I loved my Wolf cooktop and Thermador ovens—they were reliable, worked fantastically well, and offered features like programmability and ease of use.
My concern with the AGA is that there aren’t windows on the ovens (can’t quickly check for browning without opening the doors, which isn’t energy efficient), wondering if bending down will be a hassle as I age (46 now, but we’ll live in this home for many years to come, hopefully), wondering if adjusting to the slight differences in manner of the AGA ovens will render me an awful cook/baker…lots of unknowns
If anyone has experience to share about windowless ovens or the other issues I raised, I’d really appreciate it.

Comments (5)