SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
prowfixtures

Faucet design feedback request

Prow Fixtures
2 years ago

Dear Houzz community,

I have been developing a kitchen faucet design for a few years now, and I am finally at the stage where I can show off the expected results. I am excited to share this work with you and hope that you might offer feedback.

Our kitchen faucet is a wall mount that will offer users the functionality they've come to expect from deck mounts and the inherent qualities of a wall mount - distinction, cleanliness and luxury.

After years of searching in galleries and online (thank you Houzz forums!) I realized that deck mount faucets seem to have run away with the attention of faucet designers. There are very few wall mount faucets available, and those that are available force the customer to compromise on some front (dual levers/no spray hose/difficult installation/no gooseneck...). As someone who has used an old style wall mount faucet from the 1940's I experienced the ease of clean up and sovereign countertops. Unable to find a contemporary wall mount that had the features of a deck mount, I began to design my own.

Prow Fixtures is nearing the point of having a functional prototype constructed out of brass. We're excited to include the features we have repeatedly heard requested: pull-down hose, single lever, gooseneck spout, and ease of installation. Installing the faucet will be less invasive than standard wall mounts and offers easy removal.

We know that style is an individual choice and that there's more to a sink than just a faucet. We expect to offer our faucet in multiple designs and finishes, as well as with a suite of matching fixtures (soap dispenser, food disposal button, drain catcher). We welcome your suggestions as we move toward a functioning product.

Wall mount faucets have great value to offer us - we can enjoy unimpeded views of our gorgeous countertops, and the ability to effortlessly wipe around the sink is indisputable. Below is our CAD work of the prototype. Please ignore the gray finish as this is a computer rendering and not an actual photo.

I hope this will not be mistaken as a sales pitch or advertisement, but that I have turned to Houzz many times for insight from your discussions and know that you are well informed and might enjoy this work.

Thank you!

Comments (8)