SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kinjal6

Open living/dining layout with L shape sofa & limited TV wall options

kinjal6
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Hi,

I just recently moved apartments and I am struggling to find a decent layout that works for our needs and looks good. I've attached a video to give you an idea of the layout. I have 2 constraints at the moment - I have a largish L shaped beige leather sectional sofa (chaise on the left side - similar to photo attached) and a 65 inch TV.

Also I am on the 42nd floor so the views are quite nice, but the views are better facing the balcony door. Currently I have the TV placed right next to the balcony door with my sofa opposite it. I am thinking of getting a bench or some low chairs to place in front of the windows. And perhaps a narrow or circular dining table to place in front of the serving hatch (the space is quite tight after our couch). Was hoping to get some feedback / suggestions as this is the first time I am setting up my place so I am quite excited! My TV is brand new so changing that is not an option. My sofa is in pristine condition so I am hoping to make it work but worst case I am open to save the cost of buying a new couch and use it elsewhere. It's just my husband and i, and we primarily use the room to watch TV, eat and host poker or movie nights with friends (around 8-10 people). I am open to layouts without dining table as well, but I currently use it as a home office when I work from home. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Comment (1)